Saturday, November 25, 2006

A ridiculously long week and an extended invitation

Hey all,

I hope everyone survived the hellish week that may or may not have included P/T interviews. I survived mine, but they definitely made for a long day... I got to the school about 7:55am, marked/prepped/worked all day, and didn't leave until about 8:30pm. The interviews were fine, though, so I don't have too much to complain about. I wasn't swamped with parents to begin with, and the parents that showed up were generally very pleasant. I did have one ask me, "Why is your class so difficult?" I really had to stifle a laugh... I initially responded by saying that I had high expectations for my students and I didn't reward assignments that did not show effort or engagement in the material... I followed this up by explaining that there was also an honours class running at the same time, so the top 25 students in the grade were taking that instead of my regular class (the REAL reason the class average is low). But all in all, everyone was understanding, a few were curious about when I was finished teaching this term (I'm not sure if their responses were those of excitement or disappointment), but most seemed to appreciate what I was doing (I think).

On a completely different topic, I'm going to be extending a blog invitation to our Lower Island Interns to join our little community here as well as a way of hopefully extending the amount of use and engagement here. That way, we can at least hear from a few of our Island comrades and find out what's been going on with them. I'm hoping to get the addresses from Sean W. soon.

Hope all is well otherwise... have a good week and I'll see ya'll on Saturday!

- T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home