Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Overheard in the English 10H classroom

I dropped by KM's class today to see the humour in action. And action there was. What an awesomely fun class! Today was an introduction to poetry, so the esteemed Mr. "Silent Assassin" had written his own poem to get the kids in the spirit. It started with "poetry is...." and had about 15 lines that followed. Some were quite beautiful, and then there was the line: pork and vegetable dumplings. That's right, poetry is pork and vegetable dumplings. After reading his poem out loud, he let the class know how he was feeling.

"Man! is it hot in here? I am ridiculously sweaty today" as he waved his arms around to ventilate his armpits.

This was followed by the students writing their "poetry is...." versions. The best one? "poetry is covering myself in canola oil".

The class was supposed to end with Mr. M acting out a song about not abusing personal space... unfortunately he ran out of time. You should get him to sing it for you, it's pretty interesting.

I can't wait to watch another class :)
(he's going to get his revenge... at some point next week I have to come up with an interesting and fun class for him to watch. sponge dissection? hm. boring. maybe i can get him to act as a jellyfish).

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger Dimsumthing said...

I think I'm officially feeling inadequate. Please reassure me that this isn't your everyday hijinx??? Pretty please! You'll have to forward me a version of the poem!

- T

 

Post a Comment

<< Home